Skip to main content

Easy targets for fun and yucks

Typically thoughtful and reasoned piece from the clinically sane Mel Phillips today. Read the headline first. Drink it in. Have you ever, inall your born days, read a collection of words so beautifully tooled to tap into the dark fantasies of the mittelenglische? Let's set aside the obama questioning and palin supporting, mel's really gone for the burn here.

Then, o my children, read ye the comments. For those who can't be arsed, here's a choice selection, with weird random capitalisation and scant regard for the laws of grammar aplenty:

Lets have NICK Griffin shouting from the roof tops, yes he IS telling the truth, and the mealy mouthed jack straw has been proved again to not be able to tell the truth along with the rest of his party.

- brian, Blandford, 26/10/2009

(Hi KKK! Even "almost totally non-violent" KKK! Hi! This country needs you!)

Labour are traitors. They should pay for their irretrievable crime in the traditional way.

- Clive Halton, chelmsford, Essex,

(irretrievable? curious adjective)

The LEFT have always had a deliberate policy of DESTROY anything decent.

- banachech, oxford england, 26/10/2009

(stop shouting!)

People failed to listen to Enoch Powell - let's not make the same mistake again! Roll on the General Election and get these TRAITORS of all parties OUT!

- Andrew, Portsmouth, UK, 26/10/2009 8:22

(yes! listen to Enoch!)

If you had bothered to visit the BNP site over the past 5+ years you would have read articles that have been saying exactly this.

- Michael beck, aberdeenshire, 26/10/2009

(If only I had, I could be partying with you)

New LIEbour

- Michael beck, aberdeenshire, 26/10/2009

(I see what you did there)

If Turkey joins the EU, we shall be well on the way to the moslem caliphate!

- Daffyd, Colwyn Bay, Wales, 26/10/2009 7:37

(WHAT?)


The BNP should be winning awards now for waking the British public up from it's apathy and opening their eyes to the duplicitous, traitorous acts of Labour.

- Richard, London, 26/10/2009 7:33

(seriously, this isn't like BNP watch or anything, it's just EVERY THIRD COMMENT)


Very good article Melanie but why is this not the main headlines of this paper, as for other papers or the news channels it is not mentioned. I expect the attitude of the liberal left elite media is "what you don't know won't hurt you" !!! (ie more lies and deceit against the British

- Ed, Lincoln, England, 26/10/2009 7:29

(because the Daily Mail is clearly part of the liberal left elite, Ed. Or, possibly, because this is UNSUBSTANTIATED BULLSHIT. Or are you actully calling Dacre a commie? I hope you are. Come here Dacre you pinko fag. FACE THE WRATH OF THE PEOPLE)

I despair at what Nu Liebour have done to my country.
I will vote BNP.

- Annie, Bham, 26/10/2009 7:18

(what I like about this is she gets to make her "Liebour" gag, but she's from birmingham. Say "Labour" in a brummie accent)

Why is this NOT on all the news channels???

- Amanda, Manchester, 26/10/2009 7:17

(possibly a liberal elite conspiracy, Amanda, equally possibly because it's UTTERLY UNSUBSTANTIATED BULLSHIT)

Am I alone in the thought that ALL media has been deafeningly quiet on this subject over the weekend....??

- si, flatlands ... east UK..., 26/10/2009 6:56

(no, si, there are approximately seventy other posts expressing precisely the same sentiment)

Oh, go on then, one more pro BNP one before I sign off

Wakey, wakey!!! This is what Nick Griffin has been trying to tell you for years, and has suffered lies, smears and abuse for his troubles!!!

- alan, weybridge, 26/10/2009 5:17

Proof, if proof be need be, that the Daily Mail truly are a bunch of fucking cunts. Or, at least, theat the Daily Mail mods are a bunch of lazy cunts. Anyhoo, there's more, loads more, go enjoy yourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A whole new world.

I appear to have moved into the pub. Now, I don't wish to give the impression that this has come as a complete surprise to me, we'be been planning to do so since shortly after I bought it, but still, it's sort of snuck up on me and now I'm waking up and thinking what happened? How come I'm here? The reason for this discombobulation is that this move was initially a temporary measure. Mrs Coastalblog had some relatives coming to stay, and it made sense to put them up in our house while we decamped to the flat. It's still a work in progress, but a mad week of cleaning and carting stuff around made it habitable. I had a suspicion that once we were in we'd be back and forth for a few weeks. As with many of my hunches, I was completely and utterly wrong. As it turned out, once we were here, we were here. Things moved at pace and, now our kitchen appliances have been installed, there's no going back, the old house is unusable. It's left me with slightly mi

Mad Dogs and Immigration Ministers

It is with no small degree of distress that I'm afraid to say I've been thinking about Robert Jenrick. I know, I know, in this beautiful world with its myriad of wonders, thetre are many other things about which I could think, the play of sunlight upon dappled water, the laughter of my children, the song thrush calling from the sycamore tree a few yards away from where I type this. Yet the shiny, faintly porcine features of the Minister for Immigration keep bubbling up into my consciousness. It's a pain in the arse, I tell you. A few years ago on here I wrote a piece entitled The cruelty is the point in which I argued that some policies are cruelty simply for the sake of it, pour decourager les autres . I was reminded of that recently when I listened to Jenrick defending his unpleasant, petty decision to order murals at a migrant children's centre to be painted over. You've probably heard the story already; deeming pictures of cartoon characters "too welcoming&

20

Huh. It turns out that this blog is, as of, well, roughly about now-ish, 20 years old. 20. I've been doing this (very intermittently) for twenty bloody years. And, I cannot help but note, still am, for some reason. I've done posts in the past, when this whole thing was comparatively blemish free and dewy-skinned looking back on its history and how it's changed down the years, there's not really a lot of point in doing that again. It's reflected what concerns me at the time, is, I think, the most charitable way of phrasing it (a  polite way of saying that it's been self-absorbed and solipsistic, but then, it's a blog, this should not come as a shock), it's interesting for me to look back over the lists of posts, but not so much for you, I imagine. Likewise, pondering how I've changed in the intervening years is also fairly pointless. It's painfully obvious that I was a very different person at 25 to 45, my experience of jobs and kids and marriage